Wednesday, December 09, 2009

“North Face is NOT a Make-up Store” and everyone knows that!! Well Everyone but Me

Recently I was in Portland exploring with my two favorite people. As we investigated Portland and browsed the awesomeness which is the stacks of Powell’s Book Store (my dream place) one of them said they wanted to also hit up North Face. And then my big, smarty pants mouth got me in trouble as I just started bitching about how I’d rather die than go to a make-up store. Yep. I thought North Face was a make-up shop. I’ve repeated this story to a few people and they always seem to be amazed that I had no idea what North Face was. “Have you heard of REI?” one of the many smartasses friends asked. “Yes.” I simply state.

But here’s the thing. I could give a shit about a store called North Face. I have one item made out of fleece in my closet and it’s not even mine – it’s my dads. I own no snow gear, no hiking gear and no climbing gear. The camping gear I have is taken and never returned from my brother... News Alert… I’m not an outdoors kind of girl. Yes I live in the Northwest. But I’m not from here. I like concrete and high-rise buildings; book stores and coffee houses; the sounds of traffic over the sounds of birds chirping in trees. Get it. I’m not nature girl.

I honestly don’t see the big deal about me not knowing what North Face was. Oh and in case you haven’t guessed it already… I don’t like make-up stores either.

CW

1 comment:

  1. TNF isn't outdoor gear - it's overprices crap that people by when they want other folks to think they've been outdoors.

    ReplyDelete