Monday, January 24, 2011

My birthday is coming up and it’s a big one

As years go this one was pretty good with me making the big move to Seattle since I finally found and purchases a condo that was to my liking. This was a 3 to 4 year journey with my mother and me touring some of the worse dwellings known to man. I mean I will forever remember “cat box” the condo used as a litter box and how that smell punched me in the face and instantly had me gagging.

Being a vacation traveling type of girl this year didn’t really allow me a lot of travel considering that work was down many, many people but I still got in some trips. There was the family RV camping trip in early May, which was a miserable family bonding experience that had my normally patient sister-in-law threatening my brother and I’s life if we didn’t stop bitching. There was the weekend trip to Forks with my mom and Shannon where Shan and I were unwillingly dragged into a class picture. However, we still had a blast and my mom introduced me to my now favorite wine.

Then there was my one huge goal – finish my book and I accomplished it thanks to NANRAMO in November. So overall not a bad year of my life, but not filled with all the excitement I normal try to pack in, so as I celebrate another year (February 24 and remember that I like books) I’m once again listing my goals… lofty one’s at that.

1. Take the stinky out of the now finished novel
2. Take two to three trips this year
3. Spend more time with those awesome friends of mine
4. Paint my bathroom (sounds stupid but for six months I have neglected this task)
5. Read 5 novels off the banded books list

CW

No comments:

Post a Comment