Monday, March 07, 2011

So Little Time to Blog. To Be Honest, I Just Watch Too Much TV

Lent is coming. Starting Wednesday, March 9th this non-practicing Catholic will honor Lent like she always does. I will give up something, two somethings this year actual.

I will also eat no meat, red or white but fish is okay, on Fridays. However, I will not be attending Mass on Ash Wednesday {random side note: I was born on an Ash Wednesday} or the following Sundays or Good Friday or Holy Saturday.

Yes this is a 40 day period that is meant for fasting (can't do this, I get the shakes); praying (can't do this, I get the shakes); abstinence (sure, why not); and confession. I confess I haven't been in a chruch since Ireland and that wasn't for Mass.

Drum roll please...

1. I will give up chocolate
2. I will give up watching TV Monday - Friday
3. I will write a blog a week because I need to complain about no chocolate on a platform that is not Facebook, plus what else will I have to do weeknights?

As for a birthday goal update: Goals 5; Christy 0. It's only been a week and a half since my birthday and I still have 350 days to accomplish my five goals.

CW

No comments:

Post a Comment